Sep 16, 2004

Lies and subterfuge!

Something rather interesting happened at work. I was helping this old gentleman who told me he was a bishop with the Episcopal Diocese West, and he needed some office equipment. Well, I helped him for the better part of an hour, and when he left, it occured to me that he was a liar, a scoundrel, and a complete fraud. A 'bishop' indeed. He never once moved diagonally.

Today's colour: Black. And white, but white goes first
Today's scent: pressboard
Today's word: gambit
Today's music: Broadway musical "Chess" soundtrack
Today's tele: Kasparov vs some loser


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lie! You can't be listening to Chess, I've had your copy for ages!

Irrelephant said...

Me, lie? Never! I've been listening to bits and pieces of it on MP3.

*singing off key* Bangkok, Oriental setting/the city don't know what the city is gettin'/the creme de la creme of the chess world in a show with everything but Yuuuuuul Brennah...And besides, when I was in high school I could sing the entire thing, both albums, both sides, tho I wasn't quite as good at the soprano bits as I was at the rest. So when are you going to get a blogger account so you can stop being anonymous, oh syster mine? *lol* Sneaky grrl.