Dec 5, 2004

Okay, I'll admit...

I'm a roight barstard for not posting on the weekends, but I'm always either working or running my silly arse off trying to take care of all the things that I didn't have TIME to do during the week, while I was, oh, AT WORK.

Here--part of a letter I sent my dear syster. A fair bit of Lattice of Coincidence, and if you don't know what that is, you NEED to watch "Repo Man." At least once

Plate. Or shrimp. Or plate of shrimp.

Anyway.

Entirely by accident I caught part of "Drake and Josh on Nick," after flipping past "The Blues Brothers," the greatest movie everr, which is marathoning on AMC or something tonight. Anyway, D & D were in a talent contest at their school. And what, I hear you ask, was it they were going? The Blues Brothers.

Okay, that in itself is wrong. NOBODY could do it as good as Belushi and Aykroyd. Nobody. Aykroyd couldn't even do it that well in "Blues Brothers 2000." The magic was simply gone. Don't be letting a couple of prepubescent boys try it.

Second, these kids are so young they can have NO concept of who Belushi was, what he represented, and how he was, and I guarantee could not have even been alive when he died. And for that matter, Dan Aykroyd is old enough to be their great grandfather.

Which makes me think of the strangeness of the silver screen, on which people can attain immortality. Of a sort.

Craziness.

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood

"And I'll throw in the black keys for free." - Ray

No comments: