Jan 12, 2005

Calling Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard...

Posting at 1:12, on 1-12. Nice.

So. The offical word is given, after spending an hour and a half waiting in my doctor's waiting room. Sadly enough, spending an hour and a half in a waiting room chair made my back realllly hurt, so when I went in to see him I could tell him all about it.

The Official Prognosis is that the discs bulging from L2 through S2 is nothing to worry about, as it's minor enough to be nothing. The problem is coming from, as we decided before, the mileage--too many years of lifting and twisting and etc, and most importantly, I've got the first signs of bone degredation that comes from osteoarthrisis. Lucky me.

So, I've been alternating between trying to stay positive and upbeat (no more lifting for me at work, I'm now limited to 30 pounds max press!) and trying to keep from being incredibly depressed (I've seen my future, and it's going to involve a lot of crippling pain.) Should be interesting.

And so.

On the cool side, I'm off today, get to spend the rest of the day doing laundry and cleaning house, and listening to it rain intermittiently. It's now in "omnious dark clouds and wind but no rain" stage, which should, this being Louisiana, become either "light to moderate rain with no wind" or "hurricaine force winds with sunshine." I can't wait.

No comments: