Jan 5, 2005

Release the Hound!

For the past week there's been so much fog out here I kept thinking I was about to hear a demoniac howling from across the moor...okay, so I don't have a moor out here, but I do have a big field and a bayou, so I kept thinking I was about to hear a demoniac howling from across the bayou. This morning, however, it's clear as a bell. Louisianians always say "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes and it'll change." That's astoundingly true. A week ago there was ice in the ditches. Now, it's the beginning of January and 68 degrees out with a light breeze. The fog is gone, the day seems to be promising some clouds. I guarantee that if I take Miranda (the bike) out today it'll rain buckets, but if I bring Rita (the truck) it'll stay dry as a bone.

The Weather Elves need to get their act together, or stop puffing and passing and get to some real work.

And no, I didn't manage to get up early this morning either, but that was because I went to bed late--got to watching "The Manchurian Candidate" and got all involved in Denzel being all crazy. I guess I owe it to the old masters to watch the original film, or *gasp* read the book first.

Man...there are days when it flows like water, and days when I simply can't put two words together to make a sentence. *lol*

No comments: