Mar 13, 2005

!20 Dead Nude Girls 20!

I don't know, I had to get your attention somehow, tho.

I think once again, and probably wrongly, that Winter is over here. At 5:45 this morning it was a balmy 64 degrees out. Next week it'll be 70 before the sun is up, and next month it'll stay right around 95. Goodbye Winter, for another 10 months.

I wish I could say the same for my cold. It's really sunk it's little green claws in. The part I most hate about a cold is that part where you think you're over it, and it's just getting dug in good. I'm into that stage pretty far, and am currently at the point where you wake up about 4 in the morning with your throat so dry it's not even appropriate to use the word "barren" in reference to it, and "parched" doesn't even begin to fill the bill. You know the point, when you wake up with your throat cracking like old mud, you drink some water, blow your nose a few dozen times, then try to get back to sleep, only to wake up in half an hour to repeat the process. I did that until 5:45 this morning and simply gave up.

In the vain hopes of finding some relief, I have brewed up. I'm hoping that a scalding pot of Chai tea poured down my throat (I considered using a kettle-full of boiling water, too) will somehow help loosen the death grip. Go go Gadget Chinese Herbal Medicine Knowledge!

Actually, it seems to be working a bit, as I've blown everything but King Haakon of Norway out of my nose. I hate this, because I'm sure that the rest of my family, the sleeping bits, probably are having nightmares right now that there is a huge rogue bull rhino with terminal nasal congestion loose in the house, but I can't help that.

64 now, and warming appreciably. Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm 64?

I swept the garage out yesterday in what was likely one of the biggest wasted efforts of my adult life. Painstakingly removing every leaf and dead spider, I stood there proudly surveying my freshly cleaned parking place when the wind decided to pick up to a hurricaine force, and proceeded to blow three times as much material back into the garage as I had managed to remove.

There are times, posting here, when I feel like a stand-up comedian. I deliver a few lines, hit you with a punchline, then move on. The problem is that I can't SEE you devils, so I have to keep slogging onwards, with little if any feedback. *rending garments and tearing hair*

I don't dare open the curtains. I filled the birdfeeder yesterday with the same old orange seeds, haven't been able to get to the store for some sunflower seed, and I'm certain I'm going to see the port side of the porch utterly covered in a thin yellow-orange carpet, perhaps with one or two tiny optomistic little birds hopping and pecking down there, while on the feeder there's a veritable army of Little Brown Birds just steady flinging seeds out, looking for that rarity, a sunflower seed.

And yes, I have dragged this out unnecessarily, so I'll leave you with a sniffle and a handful of seeds.

1 comment:

Caffeinated Mommy said...

Hey, I hope everything's going well. If we don't say "I miss you" at work at least once a day, the day is not over. I started my own blog, just for the heck of it. Give me something to do when I wake up in the middle of the night. Other than read and wake up my husband.
I will see you around sometime. Small world, you know.
-Amy