May 17, 2005

Anybody home?

I come in to work this morning to find the resident mouth-breather brewing a big pot of water. Not coffee. Not tea. Water. She poured a pitcher of water into the Bunn coffee maker's reservoir, left the filter basket on with NOTHING IN IT, and brewed a big pot of hot water.

Uhm...if you'd like hot water for cocoa, all you have to do is fill the pot with water and put it on the warmer. Or, alternatively, the microwave there can boil you a cuppa in about 65 seconds. Why BREW a pot of water? For that fresh-filtered taste?

*gnashing teeth*

1 comment:

Vulgar Wizard said...

You know, the resident DOO does it to, and so does the resident BOM, only because that's what they were doing when I started working there. Evidently, the machine is a P.O.S. and that's the only way to get the water hot fast for hot chocolate and other things. But what do I know, I don't make or drink coffee very often. If they tell me that's how to make hot water in that particular machine, I follow suit. We will try your way Monday and see if she objects, then we'll scald her with it.