May 18, 2005

Riddle me this, riddle me that...

Frank Gorshin, best known as The Joker playing opposite Adam West's campy Batman died today, of lung cancer and pneumonia. IMDB lists his professional credits and his two nominations for Emmy awards, but the impact of his personality on-screen, from Batman to Star Trek to other, more serious roles will echo for a long time. That devil-may-care grin, the wild eyes, and the unmistakable voice will ring in my head for years to come.

Check out what I have to assume is his official website at frankgorshin.com

Q: Why is a woman in love like a welder?
A: Because they both carry a torch!

Sleep well, Mr. Gorshin.

1 comment:

chadsta said...

My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Gorshin at a restaurant while on our honeymoon in New York City. He took the time to talk to us and sign an autograph. A real class act. He will be missed.