Sep 4, 2005

A Beginning Is A Very Delicate Time

Those were the first words I presented to the world on September 4th, 2004. Stolen from Frank Herbert's opening to Dune, it's a phrase that I carry deep in my heart.

So one year ago today I began blogging, and opened with that phrase. I knew I might well be embarking on a thing that might take me days to tire of, or might become an obsession the likes of which might rock the world to it's foundations.

I guess I hit somewhere in the low middle there. *lol*

I haven't rocked the world on it's foundations, but I haven't given up, either. Steadily slogging through the trenches and up the peaks of sharing the torments and joys of my spirit, crying out in the wilderness and all that purple prose. I've had a hell of a lot of fun, and have had some retrospective moments when I wonder just why the hell I'm still doing this. In the internet one year is a hell of a length of time. In the real world it's just one turn of the seasons, and not all that big of a deal, because more years will follow. I'm hoping it works out the same here.

Today I've seen one turn of my blog's season. When I started this little foray into online journaling summer was ending, fall was trying it's own beginnings, and here we are again, summer is giving up the ghost, slowly but surely, and the chill is preparing to be in the air. I can't wait. And frankly, I can't wait to see what comes next.

So, Happy Birthday To Irrelephant! 410 posts, an unknown number of pearls and swine tossed willy and nilly, and another Beginning.

3 comments:

Old Grey Mare said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Irrelephant.:) I for one am glad to see that you have made it. Your wit & compassion have been both noteable & homorous, to say the least. Keep up the good work & may God Bless.

*NEIGH*

Vulgar Wizard said...

If nothing else, you got me started on this whole blogging adventure, so you've accomplished something, right?

Irrelephant said...

I can die happy now!