Oct 5, 2005

Riddle Me This, Riddle Me That

Who's afraid of the big, black bat?

Sorry, I'm a big Dark Knight fan.

For those of you who have not read or guessed at the riddle yet, skip this entry and read the one just below, then you can look back up here.

VW sat in the office today and laughed at me and the riddle while she put her answers down, and Jennifer says she got it, but she didn't phrase her answer in the form of a question, so no prize money there.

The answer is:

I give you a group of three.
One is sitting down, and will never get up. A stove.
The second eats as much as is given to him, yet is always hungry. Fire.
The third goes away and never returns. And smoke, making the group of three items.

And a big "Well done!" to Old Grey Mare for getting Jennifer's riddle. I was sitting here pounding my brain over it, then glanced down at her answer and had it. I guess I'm gonna have to get all dirty and wild and see if I can find/come up with some others for you guys to gnaw upon.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I only didn't post the answer becuase I felt bad for looking it up and I didn't want to spoil the fun for anyone else :P and I don't get the stove part. How is a stove sitting down? The other 2 I get.

Vulgar Wizard said...

Really, I was unaware that a stove had a rear end upon which to sit. I mean, technically, a stove have four little legs of some sort; the bottom doesn't sit directly on the ground, you know. So, I think this part of the riddle should be stricken from the record, counselor.

Vulgar Wizard said...

I mean a stove HAS for little legs.

Irrelephant said...

I think, my dear ladies, that the riddle was in fact referring to the old, pot-bellied wood burner-style stove, where there were four very obvious legs and a place to fill it with wood, hence the group of three--wood burning stove, wood (and fire) and smoke.

I hereby withdraw the riddle on account of it being silly and gratuitous and not at all fun anymore..