Dec 1, 2005

Schone Maschine

I'm too serious. The older I get, the more serious I seem to become. I need (desperately) to stop. I really do. My stars and garters, the worst thing that could ever befall me is to become *gasp choke* serious.

It's also too blinking cold out here. Granted it's all the way back up to 48, but it's WINTER, and it's gonna get colder again. And stay there for a very long time. Weeks, even. Perhaps a month.

There was something else I was going to say, but I cannot think of it. Drat.

So, if you had the choice, which you certainly should, what funeral music would you like played for your internment? Me, I'm leaning right now toward "Sigfried's Death And Funeral Music," from Wagner's Ring Cycle. Very heavy, very brooding, very dark. Me, I want thousands of mourners, people rending their clothes, pulling their beards out. I want dozens of nubile young women tossing themselves onto my coffin shouting "No, dear god no, don't take The Voice Of The People from our bleak and meaningless lives!"

Yeah. That'd be sweet.

3 comments:

Regal Monkey said...

I don't know about funeral music... but when I got married, I wanted to have the Pixies "Here Comes Your Man" play when Jeremy walked in... and assorted other songs... but seeing as how the church was fairly strict about what music we could pick (as was my Mom), that was a mere pipedream.

I also have a random question for you... do you happen to know (or your wife, perhaps) of anyone with Siamese (at least mostly Siamese) kittens???

Vulgar Wizard said...

Okay, you can't start a post by saying that you're way too serious these days, because I know for a fact that two days this week, you were a complete goof at work!

And why, may I ask, are we discussing your funeral? You're nowhere near death yet, sir.

Irrelephant said...

See, I was being serious. *S*