Mar 16, 2006

Soylent Green It Ain't

The Farm Animal Reform Movement (FARM) wants you to not eat meat March 18th, a day they're calling "The Great American Meat Out." I'm not sure why they want us to do this--perhaps it's to raise awareness of our dependance on animal flesh. Perhaps it's to make us see that a vegan lifestyle can be enjoyable and healthy. Maybe they're just trying to make us understand that tofu can be just as good as red meat. And I have just one thing to say to these folks:

The hell with you.

See, I'm a confirmed carnivore. I evolved this way for a reason, and I LIKE the taste of red meat. Medium rare for steak, lightly charred for chicken, same for pork. Humans as a species evolved brains so we could eat more protein so we could move further up the food chain. How much brainpower does it take to sneak up on a blade of grass, after all?

So. FARM? Screw you. I think this Saturday I'm going to have a barbecue. Steak, some bratwurst, sausage, maybe even a few chicken leg quarters. And not a veggie in sight.

And tofu is right OUT.

4 comments:

Caffeinated Mommy said...

According to my cats, those blades of grass can be pret-ty tricky. But they do admit that birds are trickier. And vengeful.
I think a nice, fat steak this Saturday is in order.
My birthday's on the 25th! (I am so 10 years old right now. :) )

Justynn said...

its not about whether you eat meat or not its about how they treat the animals before the get chopped up and plopped in cans and styrefoam!

I've had both - a burger from a cow bullied by a farmer with a rubber mallet and a nylon hose. and one from a happy cow...I prefer the happy cow burger. Of course I have to ask the cow first if I can eat her and if she drops over dead.. I dig right in.

thats whats its all about. Besides your grill has soars on its feet.

Mickey Glitter said...

I tried going vegetarian once about fourteen years ago. It was one of those "college things," when one tries out all sorts of new things.

Luckily, it didn't last too long. I think it was the tofu brick I bought and tried to make into something edible that did it.

However, I will admit I like Boca burgers, which really taste rather beef/chicken-like.

=)

Irrelephant said...

Me, I still like meat. My favourite, however, has become white tuna sushi. YUM.