May 1, 2006

Dis Ease

It's an interesting word broken down that way, isn't it. Dis (not at) ease. I'm uneasy. My throat feels like I've been gargling with steel wool, and it's put me ill at ease.

To look back briefly, the weekend was almost entirely a washout. That's a joke. We got something like 5" of rain overnight, after it rained 2 or 3 inches the previous days, which meant standing water everywhere, and the poor sods who foolishly bought very expensive and very small houses and didn't bother to look at the land realised that their very small very expensive houses were in fact in what used to be a very low, poorly drained field. Voila, flooding. And trust me, bitching to the Police Juror for this area won't solve anything, my mother has been doing it for almost 40 years now and nothing has happened. Fool on you for not checking out the area beforehand.

Yes, I have no sympathy. Right now I don't have any human feelings in toto. I feel like thinly hammered sheep shit.

Saturday, as I was saying, nothing got done except hours of watching the rain fall. Sunday was full, and ended with an evening spent at our local Outback Steakhouse laughing at all the goofy looking prom-going children. Somebody needs to tell Prick #1 that spending your entire dinner on the cellular phone and not talking to the date is grounds to get your ass stomped into slush by the big moody gentleman across the aisle from you, and somebody needs to tell Moron #4 that a white ball cap does not make you look cool even if you ARE wearing a white tux, and while you're at it you might want to tell the rest of them that wearing lavender, peach or lime green vests is about as ridiculous as you can get.

I'm so full of the need to vent tonight. All from my dis ease. I seem to be having a huge sinus drainage which in turn is making my throat red and raw and apt to close at the slightest sign of a cough, and the rest of me feels like I'm fighting a losing battle with a very determined invisible nun--I can't see her, can't find her, but she's sure as anything kicking the hell out of me. So tonight I embrace the Green Death that is NyQuil and hopefully get enough rest that tomorrow will be tons more positive than today was.

Wish me a broken arm.

1 comment:

Caffeinated Mommy said...

I'm sorry you don't feel well. I hope things are better in the morning.