May 8, 2006

Do You Know What Today Is?

No, it's not the first day of the rest of your life, or any other silly bumper-sticker philosophy sort of thing. No, vitally importantly, today is


National Computer Sacrifice Day!


My syster texted me this morning to let me know she had already started off the day's festivities by listening to the joyful sounds of a monitor being pushed down the stairwell by, I can only assume, some early-rising reveler.

I started off my day's worth of festivities with a cheerful little pyre of 5 1/2" floppy disks and some old data casettes, and plan to work my way up to a large burning altar sacrifice of TI-80s. I think I might finish the holiday off by hanging and burning a UNIVAC in effigy while singing "Daisy" in HAL-9000's voice.

Ah, the sweet celebrations of the neo-fetishistic pagans.

1 comment:

Vulgar Wizard said...

I can't work, but I can blog. And I can receive and send email. What the hell kind of "server farm" allows that sort of crap anyway? Oh, that's right, it's OURS!!!!