Jun 29, 2006

Lips, Tails, and Arseholes

Taco Bell. Crotcho Smell. Toke-A-Bowl. Taco Hell. Whatever you call it, you're getting the nasty end of the stick. I used to joke that the meat you got at Taco Bell was lips tails and arseholes, or I'd kid that it was kangaroo meat. I wish that were the truth, bcause the reality of it is even grosser.

Ask any USDA (US Department of Agriculture) employee who works with meat and will be honest with you what grade of beef Taco Bell uses in their tacos, burritos, and any other meal item they offer that includes ground beef. Take a wild guess what grade of beef Taco Bell buys.

And keep this in mind while you think about it, especially if you buy your own groceries. The beef, steak, etc. that you buy in your local market is USDA Grade A, Prime, Choice or Select. That means it's the best, the most marbled, the tenderest, etc. And of course as you step down, you lose tenderness and taste quality.

Until you reach the bottom. You see, you CAN buy cheap meat. You often do without even knowing it; it's usually sold as value or no-brand ground meat or as filler for frankfurters. And it's sold by value restraunts.

Your local Taco Bell is using USDA Grade F meat. That's the lowest grade ranking of beef that is allowed (by your government) for human consumption. It's the same meat that people like Alpo, Purina, and Eukanuba put in dog food.

Remember that next time you hunger for a Fourth Meal. Me, I'd rather eat Soylent Green.

4 comments:

Caffeinated Mommy said...

Please say you're kidding, because Jason and I just ate Taco Bell yesterday, and now I feel slightly nauseous. *turns green*

Irrelephant said...

I wish I were, dear. A friend of mine works for the USDA, and he gave me the information.

Don't toss your cookies, I mean, it's not like you don't eat mostly the same thing each time you have a hotdog, but at least it's not covered in that brown sauce that TB uses. *lol*

Ever wonder why that food is so greasy?

Nancy Dancehall said...

Burf. That's why I grow my own food.

Vulgar Wizard said...

TACO HELL!!!!!!!