Jun 22, 2006

Wots In Your Wallet?

Capital One has got a good thing going on.

Or maybe I should rephrase that so it implies that Capital One's ADVERTISING GROUP has it going on. With the whole 'viking bankers' thing. I've watched it from the first, laughed at the silliness, and yes, gotten tired of seeing the same old things over and over, but I like a great deal how they have developed from a huge raiding party/angry mob that is about to crush you if you use some other bank card to pay for your dinner all the way to clearly defined characters.

Case in point--the radio commercials. They're like the new tv spots, mostly, but they introduce the raiders before each one speaks. So, your trivia question for the day is:

What's the names of the four raiders who star in the three current commercials?

I'd write them upside down here, like they do in the puzzle books, but the best I can do, I guess, is sort of jot down a few lines and then put the answer down.
.
.
.
.
.
There, a few lines. Don't peek until you've guessed.

They are, in no particular order and with phonetic spellings because I can't seem to find ANY reference to them on the web by name,


  • Toga the Hostile

  • Thor the Extraordinarily Angry

  • Irvid the Beligerant

  • Ulaf the Unstable



My problem now is that I can't figure out what bothers me more--the fact that they're getting names now (albeit funny names) or the fact that I spent a week trying to catch all the commercials on the radio so I could jot them all down.

2 comments:

Vulgar Wizard said...

That's pretty sad.

Nancy Dancehall said...

Oh my God. I'm renaming the boyos. Toga Irvid and Thor Ulaf. This week it's fitting.