Jul 23, 2006

Just Because You've Got A Gat In The Hand

You think you've got the monkey's fist by the tail.

Wow. Do you realise that there's NO human way to make Raymond Chandler and The Monkey's Fist knot into a coherent, reasonably cool entry line for a blog post?

Yup, I'm stumped. I'm also probably certifiable.

You see, it's Raymond Chandler's birthday, the man whom I regard as the finest American writer ever. And I dare you to tell me otherwise, because I'm packing a gat and I'm not afraid to use it.

"Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. The detective must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a man of honor. He talks as the man of his age talks, that is, with rude wit, a lively sense of the grotesque, a disgust for sham, and a contempt for pettiness."


And, I discovered a cool site, which is not hard to do on the internet if you've got a bizarre sense of humour and just saw Pirates of the Caribbean II. The Monkey Fist. These people do knots. My stars and garters, it's AMAZING what you can sell on the internet if you put your mind to it. Me, I've already bought like seventeetn of them. I hope to have a complete collection of all the colours they offer, in each style.

Piracy, here I come.

2 comments:

Nancy Dancehall said...

Steinbeck.

*ducking behind suicide car door*

Irrelephant said...

Steinbeck? Pfui! Hemingway? Laughable! Kafka? Not American!

Amateurs all! *lol*

Can't tell I like Chandler, can ya.