Jul 25, 2006

Officially Freaked Out Now

Okay, so Monday's facial hair post has generated more bizarre comments than I think any post of mine ever for the past two years, and trust me, I've posted some doozies.

I mean, I know I have some strange friends. I like it that way. I know I have some strange readers. I like it that way, too. I like it when the girl faces...wait, no, this is a PG post. Sorry about that.

So.

Nancy Dancehall started off with...

(LaVey AND Dita...I'm impressed! Quick...what's their connection?) Ok, so post a picture already. Let's see the new look.

Probably the only semi-normal comment, under the circumstances, and she still hasn't answered the question, so I'm on the edge of my chair. *sigh* Women.

Then I had to be a smartass and say...

She likes guys with creepy beards? I would think it's Manson--she married the goof, and he's probably LaVey's son, or thinks he is. Unless LaVey was once a champagne glass burlesque stripper, in which case I REALLY don't want to know. Picture, eh? Hmmmmmmm.

Yeah, I'm cute that way.

And then my dear friend/adopted daughter/boss Vulgar Wizard pipes up with...

I made you look diabolical AND it attracted girls who like strange men. I saw it do both. I was there. It was interesting.

Dante would say that he's not supposed to wear a beard today and go to work with it untrimmed and sticking out all over the place with a clump of oatmeal just under the chin, presumably tucked away for safe keeping.

For the record, I'm all for the handlebar. THAT would be BUUUUUUHHHHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!!

Wow. I don't even know where to begin. Sarcasm, Kevin Smith, and a cameo from Jay.

And then she jumped back into the fray with...

Oh, I meant IT made you look diabolical . . . can you fix that???

Unfortunately I can't, but I can bring it to EVERYONE'S attention, how about that? And I was so hoping it was YOU that made me look diabolical.

And then the real crazies come out. HannibaltheHampster said...

I'm with VW, you should definitely do a handlebar. And then you should always wear a bike bell and ring it every five minutes.
And wear a pink and white basket around your waist. And put a doll in it!
THAT would be awesome. I'd take pictures. : )

Whoa. That's completely freaking me out. Because I would so do it, in a heartbeat.

And then like a shot out of the blue, my dear Liz said...

I'm feeling all inspired by this post and growing mine back, too - in your honor ;o)

(Eastern European genes be damned!)

Uhm...for those of you who don't know, Liz is the pretty lady at This Full House, blogrolled there on the sidebar, who is a mother of several adorable children.

And she's going to grow her moustache back out.

For me.

I am SO freaking out.

The last time I freaked out this bad was when I met Mrs. Jones, our PE teacher back in 4th grade. She had such an impressive moustache. When she got angry it would flail at the wind,and I swear I once saw her trip a student running across the gym with it's trailing tips. And now Liz...

Oh my stars and garters, I need to sit down somewhere quiet.

2 comments:

Nancy Dancehall said...

The connection is Marilyn Manson. He was a devotee of Mr. LeVey, and she married the bloke(?).

And I'm not seeing any pictures yet, with or without a doll in a basket.

WV: icerv, which makes for an interesting image. Is it carved of ice or full of ice?

Vulgar Wizard said...

Oh, I do make you diabolical. I really do.