Aug 11, 2006

Like A Poor Doctor, I Keep Losing My Patience

Dealing with nurses (and yes, that means CNAs, LPNs and RNs all,) I sometimes feel like I'm trying to give haircuts to a room full of three-year-olds. I swear. A lot. I grit my teeth. A lot. I even bite back hurtful words. All the damned time.

I've seen Communist dictators who are more willing to change.

My most toe-curling nightmares have nothing on what comes out of their mouths at times.

I've learned more foul things about the human body than ANY owner of a human body should know. Trust me on this one, we're NASTY CRITTERS.

They don't know how to clean up behind themselves.

They don't know how to park a car properly.

They don't know when to stop whining.

They certainly don't respect the fact that their administrative staff (me!) is here to HELP them do their job better, not hinder it.


Dealing with these ladies and, yes, gentlemen too, makes me fully grok what those biker guys mean when they stitch "DILLIGAF?" on their vests.

1 comment:

Vulgar Wizard said...

They don't know how to put a chart back in the cabinet in the medical records room when they're done either.