Sep 18, 2006

MM Adenum

I almost forgot!

I had more compliments this Saturday than I have ever garned, and one was from a complete stranger.

The stranger occurred in Michael's, the local hobby chain. I was standing in the paint aisle desperate for some Prussian Blue when a lady asked me, point blank, if I were an artist. I wondered over that for a few seconds, since I wasn't DRESSED like an artist--I had left my snappy black beret. my smock and my pack of Djarum clove cigarettes at home. She gestured on her own face to my moustache, and I had to smile outwardly, and scream inwardly. I knew when I started this that I would automatically garner a lot of comparison to Salvador Dali and his marvelous moustachios, especially because I am a Surrealist painter also, but I assured her and all of you that this is not the case. I love Dali, but I could never follow him that blindly.

Stopping in PetSmart for animal supplies, the wife went and visited in the grooming salon. Two of her friends who were there saw me, as I was lurking outside the counter with the buggy of livestock feed. One simply told me that he liked the new style, but Kira, the honest-to-god Russian mail-order bride looked at me, smiled, and in her gruff, heavily accented voice said "You look just like Lenin."

You know, I could keep worse company than Lenin and Dali.

And Stucco? I tried, I really did, but it was just too much work to smile this morning, and I would have felt like I was lying to you guys. Next week I'll try again, I promise.

3 comments:

Caffeinated Mommy said...

Very nice, very nice. And I am impressed with the speed that you grew the mustache. You'll make Stucco jealous soon. : )

Vulgar Wizard said...

You have livestock?

Autumn said...

The mustache scares me still. I'm sorry. I know... I'm sorry.