Oct 15, 2006

Brother Can You Spare A Dime?

Guns Along The Whiskychitto. I'm thinking about renaming the blog...whatcha think?

In the meantime, I'm listening to the Fall Pledge Drive from public radio. Have been for a few days, and not to honk my own horn too loudly, I've already made my pledge.

Rifles Along The Missouri

Twice a year the folks at public radio come on for a week or slightly less and ask for your support in keeping them on the air. And for the past, oh, five or so years, I've ponied up my dime and smiled while I did it. It's worth it.

Pistols Along The Mississippi.

You see, money talks. Never heard that, have you? Money talks loudly, and I always let mine talk about what I like to listen to--Performance Today, classical music throughout the day, and Prairie Home Companion, among other things. It's one of the few times that I know that my vote, my little quiet single voice in the monstrous crowd will be heard. Unlike any year's elections, even though I vote in those too. Hope springs eternal, doesn't it?

Cannons Along The Okefenogee

I'm quite proud of my collection of pledge premium T-shirts, too, including my new Dusty and Lefty shirt, still en route, and most especially my first venture into public broadcasting donation premium collecting, my Dissapearing Tardis Doctor Who coffee mug.

Grenades Along The Colorado

So get off your bum and pledge to support your public radio station, because they're the last bastion of taste and un-corrupted news reporting. And if nothing else, and you're lucky, they've got Garrison Keillor.

3 comments:

Nancy Dancehall said...

I'm all for grenades along the Colorado.

Oh,you mean the RIVER.

Damn.

LadyBorzoi said...

Isis already has a large premium collection, including an original ClicknClack t-shirt and several mugs. A borzoi or 3 often grace the annual WDIY birthday party in Bethlehem, PA. So don't forget to add a membership for Belle and Penny and start a trend! Your local station will be dumbfounded over the number of doggie membership cards that go into the mail....

Irrelephant said...

Yay Iris! I'm going to have to do just that, I see--get a very unique challenge going!