Oct 18, 2006

Musically Inclined

As stolen from Nancy Dancehall, who stole it from Poppy Z. Brite.

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool

Okay, so honestly, this little meme took me a good half hour to complete, as I kept stopping to listen to the songs. *lol* There's a few here that are awfully damned creepy, too, or maybe it's saying something about my musical tastes.

I went ahead and left in any Old Time Radio shows that came up, so you get a good cross-section of that, too, which says...oh heavens, I don't want to even think about it.

Without further ado: The Musical Meme

Opening Credits
"Paranoimia (The Paranoid Mix)" Art Of Noise

Oh yeah, that's perfect. *lmao*

Waking Up
"The Adventure Of The Dying Detective (Sherlock Holmes Old Time Radio)"

HEH! I often feel like I've contracted some sort of terrible malaise from the most remote jungles of The Dark Continent.

First Day at School
"Eeny Meeny Murder (Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe Old Time Radio)"

Whoa. That's a bit odd. Anyway, they never found the bodies.

Falling in Love
"Crash Into Me" Dave Matthews Band

Mmmmm...I'll stand mute, yer Honour.

Fight Song
"The Ball of Kerrymuir" Oscar Brand

A dirty drinking song for a fight song? *shrug* Must be the Scots in me.

Breaking Up
"It Was A Dark And Stormy Night” Mercedes Lackey and husband

My syster is to blame solely and entirely for that one. I forgot it was in there.

Prom
"Air On The G-String" J. S. Bach

Ah. Must be that I waltzed a great deal. Never attended a school dance, though.

Life is Good
"Rhapsody In Blue" George Gershwin

Heh! Lattice of Concidence--I was listening to this at work today on NPR, thinking of how much a certain piano trill sounded like pigeons pecking at crumbs on a sidewalk. And yes, at this point I'm officially freaked straight the hell out.

Mental Breakdown
"Shanghaied (X Minus One OTR)"

*lmao* I feel like I've been shanghaied often enough these past few months.

Driving
"What Shall We Do With A Drunken Sailor?" Oscar Brand

Honest officer, the light was pink.

Flashback
"Canon In D Minor" Pachelbel

Hmmmm...not sure what I'm flashing back to, but it must have been classy. Or involved a five-piece string ensemble.

Getting Back Together
"Zoot Suit Riot" The Brian Setzer Orchestra

I don't even know what to think of that one.

Wedding
"Werewolves of London" Warren Zevon

*LMAO* Oh yeah, boy. I can just see it now--the bride wore white, long fangs, and furry ears.

Paying the Dues
"I Was Born About Ten Thousand Years Ago" Oscar Brand

And if I don't pay my dues soon I'm going to feel like I'm ten thousand years old. "Ooooooh lawd, how long can this go ON?"

The Night Before the War
"Batman Theme" Original Movie Soundtrack/Danny Elfman

Nice. Moody, dark, and heroic. If only I had his wonderful toys to help out.

Final Battle
"Under Pressure" Queen

*lmao* Strangely appropriate, seeing as I loathe conflict.

Moment of Triumph
"Asshole" Denis Leary

So I'm a sore winner?

Death Scene
"Bolero" Maurice Ravel

I guess it's gonna take me 16 minutes and a solo from the first chair of each instrument in the orchestra for me to die.

Funeral Song
"Steppin' Out" Joe Jackson

I flipped out over this one, laughed so hard I almost peed myself.

End Credits
"Case Of The Burning Skull (The Shadow OTR)"

Wow. So I'm gonna be stuck on someone's mantlepiece in a vase, eh? Whatta way to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwoooooooooooooo!

If I steal this meme, it will be my life story in my husband's music, which will be loud and chaotic. Oh, wait, that sounds about right.

Nancy Dancehall said...

Gawd, this is the best one yet!