Dec 21, 2006

Can't Keep A Good Head Down

My friends suggest it, my judgement tempered by experience tells me it's the smartest way, and even the loin-cloth clad caveman hunkered down by his campfire back there in my hindbrain knows is.

So why can't I just tuck my head down, show up eight to five, do my job, make no waves, and go home?

Coming to work these past few weeks have made me feel like I'm watching a very talented child who lacks a great deal of common sense trying to drive a nail with a circular saw. And damnit, all I want to do is take the saw away from the child and give it to the guy who knows how to use it, and drive the nail myself. Failing that, can we at least get a licensed carpenter in here? I don't even care if he's union, just get this nail driven and move on to the next nail. And the next.

But no matter how hard I try, no matter how long that child swings that saw, I simply cannot make myself disengage enough to just do my job and go home.

7 comments:

Nancy Dancehall said...

Head. Down. Hat. Off.

And I did your memememememe!

Scott from Oregon said...

Merry Christmas Mr. Irrelephant!!

Vulgar Wizard said...

Engage.

Nancy Dancehall said...

Merry Christmas!

Mickey Glitter said...

Happy Christmas!

Lisa said...

Who you callin' a "ho"??? :D Happy Christmas to you, too!

Stucco said...

Happy Happy Irr- hope that the holiday is better than deserved.

Cheers.