Dec 3, 2006

Duck Duck Goose?

Lions, tiger and bears, oh my?

Bacon lettuce and tomatoe?

Supposedly, according to a certain very reliable and usually correct source, one is supposed to, the moment you wake up on the first morning of a new month, say "Rabbit rabbit rabbit" to oneself, thereby ensuring good luck, prosperity, and a lack of door-to-door Mormons for the entire month.

I don't know about all that.

Not the bit about you having to say the common name of a herbivorous quadraped three times before rising from bed. No, it's the part about being alive enough in the morning to say anything, nonsensical or not. I mean, I'm doing good to get my heart beating again first thing in the morning. I've had to tattoo instructions to the inside of my eyelids so I can read them quickly each morning, grab the ephinepherine and the paddles and shock my heart back into beating.

And another thing. This cold is starting to really slow things down. My week off I spent the entire time outside, even sleeping. Now there's a cold front squatting over us, and while I know that soooome of you have what you call 'real' cold, like 4 degrees, I'm here to tell you that when you're used to there not being a winter around, 45 degrees and a stiff wind can really get up your joxie.


So. Me, I'm going to get a shower and start my day. 3:00pm? Sounds about right for winter.

1 comment:

Vulgar Wizard said...

No, it's "white rabbits, white rabbits, white rabbits." You never entirely listen to me. *sigh*