Jan 12, 2007

It's Peculiar How Often I Use The "Foolishness" Tag

Our computer network at work sucks. On ice. Out loud.

To prove this, Vulgar Wizard and I took turns emailng each other back and forth (which makes me wish I was a civil servant wasting my tax dollars at work by emailing my boss who sits all of twenty feet from me) and we imitated:


The Noises Our Network Makes



*CLUNK*

(That's my standard answer for everything when it breaks.)

Whiz-bang, whiz-bang, whiz-bang . . . *SPOINK*

(That's VW's standard answer for me when I use the standard answer.)

whee whee wheee wheeewheeeewheeewheeeBANGO!

(This is how I sound when I pee at work, thought it'd be a nice sound for a damaged network.)

BuckachickabuckachickabuckachickaOHMYGODITSGONNABLOW!

(That's how VW sounds when...well, never mind how I know that.)


squee squee THUMP squee squee THUMP squee squee SPOING BLAT SPLODE!

(My Camaro once made this noise when a big chunk of it's tire tread came loose and beat my fender to pieces.)


*Goooooooooooooooooooosssssshhhhhhhh*

(And that's how it sounds when the IT department's Black Hand Orcs team make a huge tournament win on World of Warcraft, which they play using our servers.)

3 comments:

Stucco said...

What goes "pocketa pocketa pocketa"? [and bonus points if you know what I'm quoting]

Irrelephant said...

Stucco, I hate to admit it, but I think you've got me on that one.

Stucco said...

Jeez Irr, You didn't even cheat and use Google?
"Pocketa pocketa pocketa..." is from Thurber's "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty". I believe this was even made into a movie. Damn fine story.