Jan 29, 2007

Twenty Four Posts And A Wake Up

I've made 975 posts since the inception of this blog. Some good, many mediocre, a few truly bad ones, and maybe one or two of those posts has touched someone out there.

I find here of late that I'm falling back pretty fast on my posting. There was a time when I was firing off two posts a day, it seemed, and more were fighting tooth and claw to get their air time. Now I seem to be doing good to manage once every few days. And it's not that there are fewer stories floating around in my head; they're still there, still jostling for attention. I think, however, that I have taken a step away from writing whatever enters the hallowed halls of my mind, and taken one toward filtering a little bit, taking out the absolute detritus, with the intent of finding more pearls to deliver.

And maybe I'm just a lazy sod.

3 comments:

Mickey Glitter said...

I know some of your posts have touched me immensely. Seriously, there have been a couple that brought tears to my eyes.

And I know exactly what you mean about stepping back and filtering in the hopes of finding more pearls.

Just don't stop blogging altogether, eh?

Irrelephant said...

Don't you worry, dear, I'm not going anywhere just yet. And thank you for letting me know that I've moved you that deeply--it's very rewarding to know that I've made an impact, somewhere, somewhen.

Vulgar Wizard said...

I posted a little something this morning similar to what you said here, only I blame work for my not blogging as much. You work where I work, so mebbe......