Feb 25, 2007

Seven Posts To Go

to reach 1000, and what am I doing?

The Sunday Space Filler!

A meme, which you don't have to answer as I shall not be tagging anyone, but if you're interested just let me know you answered it so I can give you, as the kids say, "mad props."

Word.

Three Things Meme

1) If you died and went to Heaven, what is the first thing you want to hear?
"How in the golden left testicle of Jeebus did YOU get here? Ah well, come on in, it's too late now."

2) What is your all-time favourite smell?
Freshly turned earth. I guess growing up surrounded on all sides by agriculture (and by that I mean thousands of acres of fields, not local gardening clubs) I've learned that the sight of huge spaces of brown, freshly-cultivated ground means spring is coming, growth is near, and that incredible, indescribable, heady smell in the air speaks to the gardener in my heart.

3) If you were stuck on a desert island, which one author's complete collection of books would you want with you?
Oh, no prob there. Nobody can write half as well as Ray Bradbury. Nobody has spanned and continues to span genres like Bradbury. Horror, science fiction, operatic yarns and cautionary tales, this man is unstoppable. I could happily read his entire corpus straight through and then start again at the beginning.

So. After my eBay auctions end and I have that all wrapped up I'll come back and visit some more. If you're in the market for vintage 1970's Air Force stock photograph prints, then check me out, seller name "gentlemanrook" on eBay.

4 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

Ditto on the earth smell. Though I have to confess, I like it just fine in twenty by twenty garden plots.

Nancy Dancehall said...

(ctrl)C, (ctrl)V. :-)

Irrelephant said...

So I've touched a nerve, have I? So tell me guys, what is it with earth and all these positive emotions connected with it?

Nancy Dancehall said...

It's renewal. A second chance. It's life.