Jul 23, 2007

Honking My Own Horn Dept.

You know, I don't get a lot of opportunity to sound a fanfare for myself, so I'm going to take this opportunity to do just that.

I've been given a real honour: a Top 5 listing by So Many Stories, a top-flight blog review site. I can only say in public what I told Rayne (the site's driving force) in an email earlier tonight--my ego is so big I keep tripping over it now. Coming as it does on the heels of Miss Dancehall's Thinking Blogger award and Meno's Rockin' Guy Blogger award I'm starting to think that you guys really like me...so is this the point at which I reveal my ravaging heroin addiction, commit a highly-publicized suicide and hope that someone finds that spiral-bound notebook full of my meanderings and schmaltzy, half-finshed thoughts which will be auctioned for a cool mil at which point I become the posthumous star of months and months of VH-1 and MTV retrospectives of my life, my music and my wiry moustache?

Er...where was I? Oh, sorry, I was jotting some schmaltzy, meandering thoughts in this spiral-bound notebook which I will place, as I always do, in the top center (unlocked) drawer of my desk in my office which is the second door on the right as you go down the hall.

So, for my regular readers, thank you for sticking with me, thank you for reading, and thank you for letting me know, often and copiously that I have some talent for spinning stories. I never should have doubted you. And thank you Rayne for the high praise and the listing.

I'm off to see if I can rope my ego to a wicker basket and take a twilight flight over the fields.

11 comments:

meno said...

Well Congratulations.

Now go out and buy a bigger hat.

Nancy Dancehall said...

WOW! Congrats! *big hug*

I'll be watching for the balloon.

Maggie said...

Felicitations!

How cool. And I hang out at your blog. Does that make me cool too?

Irrelephant said...

Meno, I already wear a 7 3/4s! If I go any bigger I'll have to contact a tent manufacturer.

Nancy, thank you dear! I'll be the balloon with the fanciful moustaches.

Maggie, yes it does! Cool By Association. *wink* Actually it gives you full rights and privileges to say "I knew him when..."

Jean said...

wonderful and well deserved!
Congratulations!!

Mickelodeon said...

That's quite exciting and I'm very happy for you! =)

Irrelephant said...

Thank you, Jean. One of the nicest feelings in the world is to know that you're appreciated.

Thank you, Micks! I'm really enjoying the new layout at your place, but I really miss being able to comment. Loooove me some Diana Rigg.

Scott from Oregon said...

There are winners and then there are weiners....

Spelling is often over-looked, but important...

Kong Rats, Man!

Rayne said...

I know this is a little late, but you deserve every good word said about you. You are an excellent craftsman.

Irrelephant said...

Scott, you're a goof. You are, however, our goof, so that makes it better.

Rayne, better late than never. *s* Thank you for the kind words, and thank you again for reading, and thank you again again for posting me on your own very high-caliber site.

Batgirl said...

I've been wandering your site since I've discovered it, and I think you're definitely deserving of recognition. Congrats!