Aug 3, 2007

I'm Leaving, On A Jet Plane

But I do know when I'll be back again - Monday.

Kay. Everyone knows that all that guff about principles of aerodynamics and physics and propulsion is a load of dingo's kidneys. We're all intelligent adults here, and we know that nothing holds those damned planes up except magic and the continued goodwill of everyone on the ground who cares about who is IN those blasted things.

So.

I fully expect each and every one of you to think good thoughts, light airy thoughts, thoughts of keeping that series of great metal bastards up in the air when they're supposed to be up, and safely on the ground otherwise, especially while I'm inside any of them.

And if I crash? I'll know who to blame.

See you guys Monday, Weerelephant in tow.

11 comments:

Jean said...

Safe journey, dear man.

Nancy Dancehall said...

If you fly over Colorado, I'll keep you aloft.

Scott from Oregon said...

bulkhead, baby...

Jean said...

forgot to mention... I weld some of those things on planes, so no worries. I'm good! :)

Irrelephant said...

Jean The Riveter--LOVE IT! Have you got a photo of you in a denim workshirt and a red bandana on your hair, making a muscle?

Nancydear, it worked! And Colorado looks strange from the air--awfully brown and wrinkled, with those big green round spots. Why you live in a desert?

Scott, I now have an extensive collection of seat-cushion flotation devices from such manufacturers as Bombardier, Saab, and Boeing.

Jean said...

welder...

I could do that photo...heh.

Irrelephant said...

Jean, you forget I'm a photographer AND a painter --I think in terms of images. *grin* And what a Hallo'een costume it'd make. Jean The Riveter.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Fabulous sense of humor, I love it.

As a pilot, I can confirm this theory, but it's top secret so SHHHH!!!

You mustn't go about telling all and sunder that it's all done by magic.

Next you'll be spreading rumors about Santa not being real and the like.

One could say... if one were to stretch ones imagination a bit... that they are flying elephants.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Irrelephant said...

I KNEW IT, WS! Hah! But what fun is finding out a deep dark secret if I can't go blabbing it to the entire world?

Anyway, everybody knows Santa is just an android built by the Easter Bunny. Ever since he lost out big on the whole Fertility Rites vs Chritianity he's been setting himself up as the rightful Holiday Ruler. It's all just a matter of time.

Wot's that you say? Flying elephants? *eyes wide*

Irrelephant said...

Oh, WS? Who are you a pilot for, or do you fly for fun? I've got such a predilection for aircraft, esp. prop planes, I'm just not crazy about being in the commercial ones.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

I fly whatever they let me, which is at present smaller aircraft... I have a private pilots license.

I don't know if I'll get a commercial one... it's not really on the list of things to do before I die. Flying for me is a passion, flying others around as a job... not so much.

Scarlett & V.