Oct 7, 2007

Bifrost

There's nothing else it could be.



Saw it coming home from cutting grass at work this afternoon, and it was BRIGHT, fiercely so. This is a completely unretouched photo. You can see how much it's brightness forced the camera to speed up the aperture by how dark the cotton field below it is at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. This thing positively RADIATED. And it didn't have a full bow, no curve on the other side, just that sharp, gleaming radiant spear.

Had I seen a fierce, buxom blond Valkyrie astride a huge Percheron riding back up that thing into Valhalla, bearing across her pale-skinned thighs a slain Norseman fresh from the field of glory I'd have not been the least surprised.

4 comments:

Mickelodeon said...

Incredible picture! I've gotten a few in my time of rainbows (and a double rainbow, once), but nothing as lovely as this.

Irrelephant said...

Mickey, I've seen a fair number of rainbows in my lifetime--it's hard not to in the south, where moisture and air go hand in hand, but never, never have I seen one a) so damned INTENSELY bright or b) one so short, like a glass prism's rainbow.

Nancy Dancehall said...

That's the most amazing rainbow. It looks like the light is poring out from IT.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Gorgeous shot.

Wish I could have seen that one.
Sans the blonde, of course.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore