Dec 20, 2007

Vox Populi

The people are speaking! As of right now, The Sunday Vagapocalypse is leading the pack with three votes. Holy jeebus you people. *lol*

Amusing put her hair up in a bun, slipped into a severe white blouse and a black business suit and asked, in her guise as Genius Marketing Woman:


"...even though I voted, I have all sorts of questions like, what the hell is the focus of the "show" and is it the sound of one voice talking, or other stuff too, and &tc.


Ask and it shall be answered unto thee, even if your use of the 'ampersand plus tc.' is a little questionable. *g*

What is the focus of the show. Wow. Okay, let's move on.

Is it one voice talking? For the most part it'll just be me, but I think I'm going to start out with Vulgar Wizard co-hosting with me so she can keep the airways full while I'm fiddling with learning how to actually DO this thing. It will be just like 'real' radio in that listeners are able and fully expected to call in and interact, and there's also a nifty chat feature at the bottom of the screen when you're listening so those of you who are too shy to speak with me (but want to speak about me) can do so in the chat box, which I'll be able to see and respond to. So with all that in mind I think I can safely say that it'll be rather like Blog Plus--all the foolishness you've come to expect from Q: What's Large, Grey, and Doesn't Matter with the added bonus of increased interactivity.

And hopefully that answers the second question, too. *s* The focus will be where it lands, what topic I might have had pop into my smoke-filled head, or, much more likely I'll be heterodyning off whatever is going on with you guys. As I get more accustomed and comfortable with the layout and the actual FUNCTION of being an internet radio host guy I'm hoping to get some interviews set up with YOU GUYS. I think that'd be the most interesting thing in the long run--deep, incisive questions about your blogs, your lives, your frilly underthings.

So. Be sure and tune in, I'm going right now to see if I can install the show links here, and if you haven't, be sure to vote!


___________________
post scriptum - Seems I've managed. The radio over there will, after I've made a broadcast, allow you access to the last show I've recorded, which I haven't done yet so it's showing "undefined." Gonna go install a button to lead you guys right to the broadcast page and schedule (I think) and we'll be set up!

post post scriptum - Roight! Gotcha now, my ducky. The grey button will lead you to the show's homepage, which will also allow you to link in when the show is on. The radio will be the link to the last archived show. Rock and/or roll, kids!

4 comments:

Gordo The Geek said...

Oh, this sounds fun. I love being able to put voices to the faces of folks online.

Irrelephant said...

Gordo, you're all up ons, aren't you? *lol* Sorry for the multiple uploads of the same post but I think I've got it all tweaked now. Me, I'm excited. *g* I hope it's as fun for you guys as it's going to be for me.

Vulgar Wizard said...

WTF is a Vagapocalypse?
Is it a Vague Apocalypse? Because I can assure you nothing will be vague coming from MY mouth.
Maybe it should be Bruntapocalypse?

Vulgar Wizard said...

Oh, I see you fat-fingered the Vajapocalypse. WHOA!