Jan 18, 2008

Poetry Friday: Juice

Today's word compliments of Maggie and her mossy mind.


Jucie

Some people like theirs from the fridge
Held in waxed cardboard, pulpy and awash with California sunshine.

Some people like theirs held
In great green rinds, filled with crisp red flesh and slippery black seeds.

Some people like theirs on the branch
Hanging succulent and pink, covered in downy fur and full of sweetness.

And some like theirs lying on soft cotton sheets
A coral red flower ready to open, the long slick slide making toes curl tight.


I know, I could probably be a little less subtle. Speaking of subtlety and the man in his boat, don't forget to set your reminders for the Sunday Vagapocalypse this Sunday at 10:30 CST, especially you PNW folks! Looking forward to seeing you all there!

6 comments:

Maggie said...

ooh I like it.

'coral red flower' - lovely.

Mother of Invention said...

You have the maggie frame of juicy mind! Well, after the first verse anyway! I was thinking it was going to be about Juice boxes! My pet peeve as a teacher was when parents sent in boxes that were still 1/2 frozen and all you'd hear was slurping and sucking all through the hot mornings!

Jean said...

There you go again. The surprise at the end : )
VERY nice.

Irrelephant said...

Maggie, without getting too... er... raunchy, I've seen a few soft lady bits in my time, and that's what I think of when I'm treated to a view of that softest of places.

Mother, I'll take that as a compliment! If I can write on a level with Maggie then I'm doing awfully good. As for that horrific slurping and slorking... *shiver* Makes me want to run screaming just thinking about it!

Jean dear, what fun is a poem or a story that DOESN'T come at you from an unexpected direction? *g*

Mona Buonanotte said...

Um, yeah, great, thanks to your poem now I have to sponge off my chair...!

Irrelephant said...

Always happy to hear that I've pleased a reader, Mona! *g*