Jan 20, 2008

The Post-Broadcast

Well well wellie-well!

Show four went off...well, I can't say "without a hitch" because being as hard on myself as I am usually I was afraid for most of the day that it'd been a little shy of the sort of stellar performance that I expect from myself at all times, but I was carried by Vulgar Wizard, my Girl Friday co-host and by the fact that we had a record SEVENTEEN listeners! Woooooot! *G*

I hate to say I ruined Mr. Fabulous' well-prepared and perhaps even well-rehearsed play on the Green Room, which I have to say pains ME a great deal too. You see, one of the reasons I most love radio is the same reason I love writing so much--in skilled hands you can, with a few words or sound effects in the case of radio build an entire world, a secret underground broadcast studio, even people it with strange characters.

Which brings me to wondering--is Germany the next world power (again) or what? The last two guests I've had on, Stucco and Mr. Fab BOTH speak enough German to see through my shadow play with Helga. *sigh*

But then there was the highlight of the show--The Lightning Round. I have to say that Mr. F did a fan-tabulous job at the lightning round, and as soon as the steroid test results come back I'll know for sure if I can award him his points. It's damned sad when doping scandals reach as far as the sacred halls of radio broadcasting.

Next week we'll be making the inestimable Stucco rouse his arse out of bed nice and early to join us for the All Stucco show, as a way to make up for keeping him locked...er... sitting in the Green Room for some twelve minutes this morning. Hey, at least the gnat's egg salad sandwiches in the fridge were fresh, right? Be sure and join us!

Thank you, won't you?

6 comments:

Stucco said...

You don't suppose that billing me by name, versus say "the Mystery Guest" is apt to tank said ratings?

Irrelephant said...

I have ratings I should worry about?

Mona Buonanotte said...

I really should tune in to this thing, 'cause it sounds fun, and you're all really sexay and stuff, plus I loves me anything with 'vag' in it....

Irrelephant said...

Careful with those kind words, Mona! You're gonna give me the big head. *chortle*

Vulgar Wizard said...

you already have the big head, bifocal-man

Irrelephant said...

I'm not even sure how to take that, VW!