Mar 30, 2008

An Old Chestnut

Bad men want their women to be like cigarettes - slender and trim, all in a row to be selected at will, set aflame, and when the flame has subsided, discarded, only to select another.

The fastidious man wants his women to be like a cigar - they are more expensive, they make a better appearance, they last longer, for after all if the brand is good they are seldom discarded but still used to the end.

The good man wants his women to be like his pipe - something he becomes attached to, is patient and unhurried with, knows is worth taking his time over, only grows in worth with age and takes good care of always.

A man will give you a cigarette, offer you a cigar, but never shares his pipe.



Yes, I know it's an old picture but I haven't had any other reason to drag the tripod out.

9 comments:

Stucco said...

The perverted man will treat all of the above in a filthy game of "Lets See What Fits" with a willing girly.

meno said...

What kind of man is the kind who treats his woman WITH a cigar?

(e.g. Stucco and Bill Clinton.)

Irrelephant said...

*lol* Stucco, I expected that from you, but MENO?

*sigh*

mickelodeon said...

Mmm. I see the cherry wood (?) in the background - that looks like a pretty serious bookcase/hutch. I really dig the glass doors...

Great picture, BTW.

Gordo said...

I love pipe smoke. My farmer grandfather smoked a pipe and all I have to do is think about it and I can smell the wonderful aroma of red pouch Amphora. Red Amphora light with a wooden EddyLite. Not a complex man, my Grampa, but he knew what he liked.

I'm not old enough for a pipe. I'll stick with my periodic cigars for the time being. :-D

Mona Buonanotte said...

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar....

And sometimes a cigar is something elsem, and you want to put in your mouth and suck on it a while....

And Stucco is a man after my own heart....

Maggie said...

You know, you have this entourage of really sexually minded people. And I'm one of them too. Now where is my cigar?

Jean said...

The pipe filled with good stuff would be perfect for 'after'...heh.

Irrelephant said...

Thank you, Micks! It's fake, I hate to say, but I got it for a song when I worked at Orifice Depot--$10 each for the hutch, credenza and matching desk. *G* I think I paid $30 for the $400 leather chair I'm sitting in.

"Scratched and dented" goes far. *lol*

Gordo, it always makes me smile to hear that--you cannot imagine how many people have good, strong memories of a family member, memories that are very strongly tied to the scent of a pipe.

Mona... *shrug* I've got nothing. *lol*

Maggie, I've noticed that. Bunch of nymphos around here. Where were all these nymphos when I was in college and desperate for a lay?

*grin* Jean, I find a pipe is better suited for after a big meal, but I guess... heh.