May 1, 2008

The Irrelephant Show: Man's Quest For Meaning In The 21st Century And Beyond

Aaaah, May Day. If only I had a massive, erect pole to wrap ribbons around.

Don't forget, coming up this Sunday at 6pm CST I'll be back on the air (yes, again) with my special guest Clowncar from The Oort Cloud. Clowncar and I are fairly new to each other's company but he's an excellent writer and we share a few quirks so be ready for a show full of old sci-fi movies, some rubber monster ogling and perhaps I can sucker him into helping me with my math problems. Vulgar Wizard will be back with us after her memorable guest spot on Mr. Fab's show last Sunday, Stucco will have his glucose levels back under control and with luck we'll also hear from some of our other regulars!

And naturally there'll be some monitoring from BTR. Big Brother is all up in my Kool-Aid.

7 comments:

Clowncar said...

Oooh, is that this Sunday? I'm there with bells on! I was trying to work up a little nervousness about it, but with like 5 other listening, I couldn't put my heart into it.

That "massive erect pole" line made coffee come out my nose.

Not really. But it was funny.

Irrelephant said...

CC, that's the only reason I can carry on with anything approaching a normal nerve level. There's no-one listening, so no-one is going to notice if you forget to wear underwear.

I remember being a kid in my catholic grade school and watching all the little girls dancing around, wrapping brightly-coloured streamers around an old steel pole set in concrete inside an old truck tire. It wasn't until years and years had passed that I really realised what was going on.

Freaking xians. *lol*

Gordo said...

Oh, did I forget to tell you that I simulcast the show to the regular airwaves and shortwave? Damn. I really have to remember to tell people what I'm up to.

Irrelephant said...

It's always the IT guy. Always.

Rudi said...

Check out this pole (SFW) And the rest of last year's festivities.

Do you get lots of ex hippies dancing the May Pole and singing olde english tunes on May Day in LA?

Mona Buonanotte said...

Heh heh...pole...hah...you know that word always stimulates a visual in my brain, right?

Irrelephant said...

Rudi, the last hippie brave enough to set foot in LA was shorn, shaven and put to work in the local lumber yard. Oh wait, that was me.

Mona, I was so hoping. *wink*