Aug 3, 2008

Elisabeth Anastasia Irrelephant

Is home. Back where she belongs. Her last flight was delayed an hour but the last one, the one that got her home was her fourth solo trip (two flying up alone, two back.) I'm a very proud papa.

I always await her arrival back in my life with some trepidation. "Post sumer-long hiatus in the PNW" trepidation, that is. Things change, things stay the same, and she's always managed to surprise me, in the way that kids always do.

Unchanged? The My Chemical Romance hoodie, zipped all the way up that flew out with her at the beginning of Summer. The bag of rocks from the coast. The two eagle feathers she found.

Expected? The tye-dye tee shirt underneath it. She was in Oregon, for cripe's sake, and her mother is an inverterate hippie. Also expected is the hemp necklace and the earrings full of feathers and demon-tails.

Changed? At the very bottom of her luggage; the carefully, nay, lovingly packed pair of 20 eyelet Doc Martin black leather boots.

*sigh* My daughter came back a baby Goth. She's a Baby Bat.

9 comments:

Stucco said...

Umm, I own Docs, and am not a Goth. *ahem*

Jay said...

I second that, Stucco.

Batgirl said...

If she's a bat, we might be related.

Mickelodeon said...

Count me as officially jealous of the 20-eyelet Docs! That's going to be my next big purchase. You know how I love those tall boots!

No goth tendencies here. That dark eyeliner I like to wear is really only reminiscent of Pat Benatar, circa about 1982.

Gordo said...

Stucco, 20-eye Docs run to your knees. I have a hard time picturing you in those. LOL

Irrelephant said...

But do you wear dark purple fingernail polish and those mesh forearm stockings, Stucco? And if you do, please don't tell me?

Jay, you also own some nice high heels and such, or so you've mentioned on your blog. I don't think Goths are allowed to leave the ground in any form...

BG, that sounds like a definite plus!

Mix, I'll have to get her to put the things on for a photo, if we can find half an hour to lace them up.

I miss Pat. *g*

Gordo, remember the post about him tripping a while back? Makes me really wonder now what he was wearing.

Mona Buonanotte said...

I hope my Girl-Child is as cool as yours when she gets older! Docs? Rad, man! (Did I just show my age there?)

Rayne said...

Shelle went through the Goth phase with a vengeance. She would explain over and over that she wasn't a 'true' Goth, she just likes the clothes. I have to admit it would be fun to dress like that sometimes. Especially the long Matrix black leather coat.

Vulgar Wizard said...

Sir, I hate to tell you, she was Goth before she went to the PNW this summer. Wake up. hehehe