Jan 9, 2009

Sun Drenched

What is it about certain moments?

The office is cold this morning, leftovers from last night. Not terribly, but to (childishly) prove a point I left the thermostat off on the A/C, and no one has bothered to touch either of them, but bitch? Whoo.

Everyone has a comment, but not a hand touches a thermostat. Man's work?

I'm enjoying it, me. I was standing in front of the smaller window in my office sorting papers and the morning light was pouring in over my work. I hadn't noticed it at first but after a few moments I realized just how much I was enjoying the simple pleasure of that warmth on my arms and face. Not the overpowering, sweaty heat of mid summer but a gentle carress of warmth, like holding hands.

Simple pleasures at work. Who would have seen THAT coming?

5 comments:

Gordo said...

No matter the time of year, the sun is a powerful creature. With a gentle touch.

Irrelephant said...

It was SUCH a nice surprise, a calming thing in an otherwise hectic day.

Nancy Dancehall said...

hee heee heee..'man's work'....

Mrs. Who said...

Simple pleasures at work.

In my line of work, that makes the evening news...

Oh, yeah...I'm a teacher.

Vulgar Wizard said...

Bunch of mooks in that joint.