Nov 1, 2009

An Open Letter

Dear Great Pumpkin

Well, another Halloween has come and gone, and I spent the whole night in the most sincere pumpkin patch I could find. Sadly, and much to my distress, you did not see fit to fly over in your ceaseless eternal wanderings and gift me with brightly wrapped presents. I can only assume that the particular patch I chose to spend the cold, wet night in did not meet your high expectations for sincerity, because I know you respect sincerity above all. Surprisingly, even my constant efforts on your behalf, furthering your cause above that of that red-suited fake Santa Claus person didn't affect your decision this holiday, but I understand that we cannot be expected to understand Your ancient and inscrutable thoughts.

Ah well. I assure you I will continue ever vigilantly to remain sincere and forthright, and I await next Halloween with a heart overflowing with zeal, hoping beyond hope to see you rise up from my pumpkin patch.

Most sincerely yours,
Paul

4 comments:

Gordo said...

The pumpkin harvest was thin in these parts this year, so a sincere patch was very hard to find. They're pretty much all pitiful and I couldn't seem him stopping there. I decided to nurse my cold instead. I hope he understands.

Scott from Oregon said...

Yeah, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE PUPPIES????

meno said...

I think it's because you EAT VEGETABLES, including pumpkin pie.

Irrelephant said...

Gordo, I'm sure He'll understand.

Scott, puppy post to follow, I promise!

meno, you just had to go and let it out, didn't ya?